Friday, June 16, 2006

Arlow.... nv expect myself to write an entry so soon after what I said during my last entry... haha... but... well.. just wanna share something :)

Got my posting today liao... Combat medic... Haiz... like quite xiong leh... still have to continue to chiong sua. Somemore have to do the medic stuffs... Actually... I quite scared of blood one leh... den I think we still have to learn injection... and how to we learn it? Poke yourself and your buddy lor, then let your buddy poke you too... So scary sia...

but haiz... okay lar.. at least I get to learn something useful. Something that can be applied in future. But I think also not much chance lar... unless really see some accident where doctors and paramedics are inaccessible. Even then I think I might have forgotten almost everything.. haha...

But okay lar... I shouldn't complain too much... afterall there are some people who are worst off then me... some tio rifleman... some combat engineers....

Still there are some who got quite a slack one... Some got RP.... haha... so in 2 yrs time we will see them grow fat.... :P Some leh... got to SAF band.... this guy is quite pro sia.... Then one got to lifeguard.... another super slack job.... And finally duno why this guy pes A/B but end up in service sector! Become transport supervisor....

Actually now to think of it... like quite a number of people get slack jobs hor? WHY AM I NOT ONE OF THEM!!!! LOL.... Oh well... As the usual army saying goes... suck thumb.... so yar.... just have to do it for 2 years :)

But now hor... after a week being civilian.... My mode switch to civilian mode liao leh... monday have to go back to camp so sian!!! Have to go back to army life... I DUN WAN!!! :'( ..... sian ar!!!! I really wish for 2 years to be over soon and I get back to my normal civilian life.... No matter wad... army life sux compared to civilian life....

okay lar.. change topic....

Watched the 7pm show on channel 8. Then there is this comment about how times have changed. " Nowadays children gather at playground is not to play with the facilities. But to gather around and play electronic games. "

I wonder how true is it as I haven't been around playground for a long time... But this comment just evoke some sentiments that yar... times really have changed. Not only around us... but we also have grown too.... Sometimes I feel so old... I was at a chalet with my platoon mates. Then I observed the things they do... and we arn't kids anymore. It seems that my surrounding has changed... but I still lack behind. I'm still the kid I am a few years back. I haven't changed much.... And I guess... its about time I make my change.....

Next year... I'll be 20.... Thats perhaps 1/4 of my life gone.... In the same blink of an eye.... 2/4.... 3/4.... and then I'll be waiting to leave this world...

This would be the end of a life cycle... Its pretty amazing when you think of us being developed from a single cell organism... went through so much... and then thats the end of our life cycle as a homo sapien....

Pardon me for being so "biological" today.... haha.... had been reading much.... Cos after POP was too bored so went to the library to pick up some books.... One of which is "frogs flies & dandelions" by Menno Schilthuizen.

This is a description about the book. "The origin of new species-speciation-is a central theme in evolution. How do species split? Why? How long does it take for a new species to be born? And what is a species anyway? Such is the mportance of the problem that Charles Darwin himself dubbed it 'the mystery of mysteries' "

Its quite an interesting book to read.... but that is if you are really interested in the evolution of things... cos its pretty long... and there are a lot of case studies... it can be very boring at times.... I also almost gave up on reading a few times...

There is another book which I borrowed titled " What scientists think" by Jeremy Stagroom
This book also has an chapter devoted to "Darwinism and Genes" yet another read about evolution....

SO yar... that explains it....

Anyway... I also got 2 book which I didn't have time to read.... ONe is "Holding on to reality" by Albert Borgmann

Its a pity I didn't have a chance to read it cos there are a lot of interesting things inside. This is the description "Holding on to Reality is a brillant history of information, from its inception in the natural worls to its role in the transformation of cultre to the current internet mania and its attendant assets and its liability. Drawing on the history of ideas, the details of information technology and the boundaries of the human condition, Borgmann illuminates the relationship between reality and information. "

In the book you will find geometry, trigonometry, architectual, gates( those NOT,AND NOR gates from physics) diagrams in it... I duno what is it for cos I haven't read the book... but I guess it would be pretty much interesting.

Another book is "World of risk" by Mark Haynes Daniell

"this book takes a fresh and critical look at the leading sources of global risk- terrorism, diseases, crime, poverty, environmental damage and others- and sets out a practical way to respond far better than we have to each risk area. ... Without a more informed set of strageties and better global leadership, the catastrophe of 9/11 will only be a forerunner of many more disasters in future. We can do much better. This important book shows us how"

Well... I haven't got a chance to see how important the book is... but I think it will be quite nice to read.

So yar... with that... I think its time for me to end this entry :) Bye~ And wish all my army friends good luck and all the best in their new vocation :)

No comments: