Saturday, June 24, 2006

Saturday night :) A rather nice week had passed. My first week as a combat medic trainee.

That monday morning... I woke up.... Very sian... after 2 weeks of waking up late.... It feels terrible.... Anyway.... washed up and made my way to nee soon camp. I'll be spending the next 9 weeks there...

K lar... I duno how to prganise them into proper paragraphs, so I'll just list the points lar.

The food at the cookhouse there is better then tekong. The place also quite empty.... Queue is short, and there's no lack of seats.

Its a challenge not to fall asleep during lectures. The seat is cushioned and comfortable. The audi is air conditioned. The lecture content dosen't appeal to me.... and the lecturer is boring.... All these composed the most persuading lullaby.... Haha....

PHysical training is almost non existence. Except for the 5B-EX in the morning and some tekan session. The tekan session is only on some days where we are really very slack... so the instructor let us do some 20-40 push-ups to warm up our bodies.... The most xiong thing is during stand by area before book out. Even that is also slack because at most we just do 20 push up, 20 crunches and 20 jumping jacks... That is nothing compared to the 160 push ups at one short during a standby area at Ulysses...

Lessons are fun... but at a super fast pace. Its like attending a bio crash course for me. In such a short time, I'm supposed to familiarise myself with the anatomy of the body. Then there are also a lot of memory work which I suck at.

Some interesting things...

-You are not allowed to sleep during office hours on the bed... but you can sleep on the floor.
-There is no stand by area... only stand by bed.
-And standby bed. only 1 set of no.4 and 1 set of admin tee to be displayed. All other clothes including underwear keep in duffel bag or personal shelf.
-Toothpaste must be at least 3/4 full :S

Anyway... I think I'm fortunate enough to land myself in such a place lar. Army life really dosen't suit me... So yar... I just hope that after 9 weeks I'll get posted to somewhere as nice, then I'll just finish my 2 years and carry on with my civilian life.

K lar... nothing much already. Bye~

No comments: