Saturday, August 26, 2006

POP loh! Haiz... I was sent right to my new camp after pop... so sian... got a shock when I reach my new camp. My building is so run down. The bunk is even worst. It looks like some construction site worker's squatters. The first night there was unbearable. The fan has broken down so its so hot there... Somemore I can't imagine myself living in such conditions for the rest of my NS life. Its like within a 3km radius of the camp there isn't a single civilisation. Its almost like living in tekong, except its worst. I was posted to a engineer company situated in a armour camp. Thats why it seems like we are being outcasted. All the armour building have been upgraded. Only our little area at the very end of the camp is so run down.

First day there was also quite sad... I miss SMTI life even more. I miss all the familiar faces, voices and places of SMTI. I miss my bunk mates who are always so noisy talking cock. But haiz... got to bear with it for another 2 weeks lar. After that I'm moving over to the company line to be attached to a platoon. I hope by then things will get better lar... getting to know new people. And the living condition there is also slightly better, at least the bed is those spring mattress and not foams.

By the way, I just realised that I got a friend there in the company.. haha.. Elgin! I went for a briefing for AHM then saw him there. Hmm... that kinds of make me feel better lar... at least that place is not so alien to me anymore.

The second day there was the start of our on job training. First thing in the morning, even before the lesson starts, we were called into the treatment room. "the three of you, one of you go and do IV" .... lol... there was a high fever patient there... we were all stunned lor... lol... then I was sabo to do it. Heng I one shot kill ar... otherwise so xia suay... haha.... My first time shooting IV for a real casualty. It feels abit different. In school we shoot friends that we know, anyhow shoot also can. but there, its a real casualty that needs the IV... so there's a little weight of responsibility there.

After that we continue lesson lor... but half way a heat exhaustion casualty came in... Suddenly all the senior medics there became very serious lor. They did the 4 man drill on the causalty, MO was also being called in. The whole situation is very tense lor. They strip him of everything, planted 2 IV on him... inserted a rectal probe....

I see the casualty like suffering so much, I almost cried you know... Everyone is going through NS, but why does he have to suffer so much? Later then get to know that we was a trainee for Specs undergoing ASLC here. He was doing SOC when that happened.

Haiz... but whether I like it or not... this is life in the army lar... SUCK thumb.... I'm gonna be stuck there for 1.5 years. After that I'm gonna F**K off from there and hope never to return... so yar.... K lar... 1.5 years shouldn't take too long lar... right now I'm only looking forward to going to the company line in 2 weeks time. Look at the time in small blocks and it should pass by quite fast. Can't imagine I've already passed 9 weeks in SMTI... It seems too short... I wanna go back for a recourse!!!! haha...

My weekend this week is screwed up cos of the AHM... its like I have to report at 1745 tonight, then go back at around noon tmr, then have a off on monday and book in tues morning.

Thats all for now ba... bye~

No comments: