Sunday, July 16, 2006

Yo! Long time no blogged... Just formatted my com... as always it was super sian... had to reinstall everything again... and the installations took so long... Blamed it on my little laziness. I was updating my firewall so I had to shut it down while the it is being upgraded. But then because I was lazy... I didn't bother to cut off my internet connection. So within that few seconds before the new firewall was up... I was hit by tons of virus. One of them is super irritating... When you type right... it purposly backspace some letters.... so you have to type letters by letters ensuring that it comes out on screen. So now everything is fine already... but I wasted so much time... I wanted to do something for litbud.com but all my time had been spent on this.

Anyway... I'm a little bit worried... I've forgotten my hotmail password :S Which means I might lose all my contacts on MSN!!!! I can't use the forgotten password feature cos that time I fake to be in the US so that I can have 250MB of space... but then I forgot which state of the country I put... Somemore I wrote crap for the secret question... so die ar... duno if I can recall or not...

I kind of feel lost without MSN... I didn't know I was so dependent on it... Its just like people losing their handphone. They are not worried about the handphone, but the contacts in the handphone. Although most of the time my MSN is just left idle... but then I still feel uneasy without it. So yar... this is a warning to you people ar... Better go back up your contacts.

Another 3 weeks have passed since I got into Medical Training Institute (MTI)... Relatively, I could wish for nothing more regarding the life in there. The training is not physically demanding. The commanders are nice. ( well at least for my platoon) My bunkmates are friendly. Location is not too far. Training ends on friday night. Compared to the life during BMT and perhaps what some of my other riflemen friends are doing.... This is already heaven. Some people are still going through SOC and route march... on the same day somemore... For me... I've almost forgotten the pain of going through it.

Anyway... I've been thinking about something... The army system is like a communist system in such a sense that we do not have a choice in where we go. Some people whom are less physical get the more 'xiong' vocations and vice versa. Our abilities are not matched with our jobs.

We have seen the nations around the world transiting from past communist countries to democratic ones. It seems as though democracy is the way to be. Even singapore has benefited from the system. But then why the change hasn't come to the army?

Well. One of the reason I can think of is that we need to maintain a standard proportion of people in every vocation. If it were left to choice and ablilties, the proportion may be uneven and that impedes our battle capabilities.

And perhaps this may be one of the reasons that some countries still remains as a communist till today. but in place of battle capabilities, it may be there economy.

Anyway... I'm just gonna stop here. I'm got going to write an essay out of it... haha... its just some passing thought which I thought may be interesting to share :)

We humans are hard to satisfy... so I too have some complains about the "oh so beautiful" life in MTI... haha...

One minor one is that there is no hot water supply for bathing!!! LOL... Its really cold in there especially that it has been raining almost everyday for the past week.

One major complain about a f*ck-up commmander... purposely blow up a small matter... or perhaps I should say a few small matter... for no good reason... Luckily I'm not in his platoon... so I just have to suffer is nonsense when in company level. I pity those under him. They still live a life as a recruit.

K lar... thats all for today :) Bye~

No comments: