Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hmm.. its another sunday night. My legs are aching from all the walking this afternoon. Went out to meet a old classmate. Well, seems like she is doing very well. Starting a business and running it. I am very glad that many of my classmates have big ambitions and are working in successful steps towards it.

Although I have been complaining about work, saying how much I dread going to work, I still extended my contract. :S I guess, the lure of money and the dread of boredom has a greater hold of my mind then my laziness. So, thats means another 6 more weeks of waking up at 6.30am, thinking that I should never had extended the contract. Another 6 weeks of taking the long ride to office. Another six more weekly reports. Another 24 nights of giving tuition with a half dead mind. 6 more weeks. I hope I can survive.

Anyway. I just watched the charity show for the earthquake. Looking at all the footage and the stories, I really felt very sad for them. I was especially touched about this story. Its about the mother shielding her baby from the rubble during the earthquake. The mother died, but the baby survived because the mother's body had cushioned the impact. What really made me felt the sadness was that she typed a message on her handphone and left it with the baby. The message says that, If the baby survives, she wants him/her to know that she loves him/her. I was almost brought to tears when the last line of the message was shown on the screen. I could imagine the scene where during the earthquake. Everything is shaking violently, the mother is down there, over the baby trying to protect it. She knows that she might not survive the event. All she could do was to hope for the survival of the baby. And in that kind circumstances, she still took out her phone to type a very last message. There is no way a baby could read the message, so that action would quite possibly be meaningless. But she still did it, and I guess she probably felt that that is the only thing that she could leave behind for her child, a life and a declaration of love. When the child grow up, s/he would still feel the love of the mother even though she is not longer living.

So I sincerely hope all the best to the victims of the earthquake.

Alright, its almost 11 already. Got to catch some sleep. Its another long day tomorrow. Argh... why did I prolong my suffering?!

No comments: