Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Have been doing a lot of reading recently... Thanks to my job.... its so boring that even reading seems fun.... So yar... let me share something that I read on the newspapers.

Its from the sunday times, Jan 8. The article is Confessions of a new senior citizen. There is these few paragraphs that I want to share.

"You have lived long enough to know loss, hurt, humiliation and betrayals. But you don't want to store them in your memory. It is just too much emotional clutter that can metastasise and grow toxic if you don't clear them out. You also tend to become ugly, with your unresolved range and hatreds.

Its better to remember those times that you had (inadvertantly) slighted others, or hurt them badly. You wish you could say sorry to them all. But, of course, you are being vain - you think that they still remember you, when more likely than not, they don't. THey have moved on with their lives."

The first paragraph. Do we all become ugly when we get old? Other than knowing all the bad things about life. We also know about love, care and concern. Why can't we become beautiful instead?

The second paragraph really sets me thinking, as I am one whom cares alot of what other people thinks of me. Yar... perhaps I'm like what the article suggests... I'm being vain... who remembers me? So... I'm trying very hard to change my mindset.... I don't want to think too much. I don't want to make life difficult for myself....

Are you getting confused? Haha... well... the thoughts that I have can't really be expressed in words... or perhaps my language is not that powerful yet lar... Hehe... if you are confused than nvm lar :P I just find the article very interesting. So.. if you all haven't read the article and still have the papers with you. You might want to go read it. :) Its a pretty insightful article of how one feels when one grows old.

I also borrowed some books today to read at work as I'm getting sick of newspapers and there arn't any major events that is worth watching. I borrowed 3 books that are quite complementary to each other :)

First book. by Jeff cannon. Its a book about "how to convert your online content into profits." Muahaha... I figured out that I shouldn't be wasting time at work passing by the day. Since I got the opportunity to read, then I shall use it to build up my knowledge base for the future development of litbud :P So this first book will teach me how to build my website for the litbud and the contents to put into it. I'm planning to launch my litbud from the net lar. Cos its the least cost method.

So yar... with that I will need content for my website.... So here's the second book. by Gary Rosenzweig. With that I can create mini games that I hope will draw people into my site and help litbud spread awareness and gain popularity :D

The third book is by stephen brown. This is book about marketing :) It'll come in useful when I need to promote my site or perhaps in future, promote any other products :)

Hehe... so yar... I hope this helps if I really start to develop litbud. But in the event that the plan didn't work... it would be enough for me to kill time at work... haha... K lar... thats all for now... gonna sleep liao.... haiz... another day at work tmr... SIAN AR!!!!

No comments: