Wednesday, January 25, 2006

While thinking about the chinese new year on a boring morning at work. This thought suddenly came to my mind. Hey, I'm gonna be 19 this year. For simplicity, lets round it up to 20. Assuming that I would have become a senior citizen by the age of 60. Meaning, I would be old, having lots of white hair, wrinkled skins, no longer young anymore. Then, right now.... I'm already 1/3 of the way there. Just like that, 1/3 of the journey is done. And in another 2 more "just like that" then I would be old already! And then, in no time, my time would be up....

We all came to this world empty ended, and leave without carrying anything away... So.. yar... we slogged so hard the whole of our lifetime but end up with nothing.... I was watching Full metal alchemist the movie and there was this part about Alphosis ( a character in the movie) contracting some disease and dying soon. But he's still working hard to develop the rocket, often worsening his illness... The reason for it is that he wanted to leave a prove that he has lived this world before. He wanted a prove of his existence in this world.

Everyday, or even.. every second, people come and leave this world. In this rapid transition through the mortal world. How many of us actually get recognised, remembered or appreciated? Right now at work, I'm watching people walking by and I wonder, how many of these people that I see would get have something to leave behind as prove of their existence? In another few years, they might just be one of the countless souls that grace this world. I see people running.... but why? Rushing for time? Because since we have such a short span in this world we should make good use of every minute? Because he's rushing to create evidence of existence within the short time? Perhaps its some other reason...

but anyway... thats all for now... I havent found a conculsion for it yet :) perhaps tmr :) Bye~

No comments: