Friday, January 06, 2006

Just came back from kranji sec after receiving my bursary.... My impression of the event.... "what a joke" ....

The whole thing lasted for less than 30mins.... We were told to start registering at 7.30 and registering would end at 8.30... I reached there about 7.45... walked around.... the whole place was a chaotic, I looked for the sign of the registering counter but I can't find any. After a while of wandering around... I finally got enlightened. There isn't a need to register. There were signs position at the side of the hall indicating a counter no. , so I looked for one that corresponds to the number I got on my letter. After I found my counter, I got enlightened again.... there is no sitting arrangement. That means that I won't be going up the stage to collect my bursary. We would be collecting it at our respective counter. With that... I stood at the side of the hall, not joining in the queue as there's no point queuing. THen yar... the guest of honor arrived around 8.... Gave a 2 minutes speech.... handed out school pocket money fund to some school and award some prestigious award to a few students, then left the stage. The MC then said, thats the end of the award ceremony, everyone please rise and turn to your left to collect your awards.... I was like laughing to myself... wad a joke.... the "ceremony" only lasted like 5 minutes??? After that... I went up to the second floor gallery to have a sit and watch the queue. There's no point joining the queue as its very long and my money won't run away... So why not relax, take a sit and wait for the crowd to disperse. When the queue is gone, I went down and collected my award.... then I went off already.... Took a look at my watch.... 8.30..... Woo.... thats supposed to be the time where registration ends and the ceremony starts.... but everything had ended.... While I was going out, there were still people coming in... those that waited until the last minute indicated on the letter. And... haha.... they must have a shock seeing that everything had ended.

Another thing that I wanted to mention... I saw some ugly singaporeans ta-pao (bringing home food) those meant for refreshment. I was like hello? Your son/ daughter is among the top 30% of the whole school... the cream of the crop.... u scared u will go hungry next time ar? If the top 30% can't provide a living for u.... who can? SO why go after such cheapo gains. And are you setting a good example for your child? Do you want your child to in future, go to business dinners and also pack some food home as well? What a disgrace....

So yar.... All in all.... the whole event was a joke.

Here's a pic I took with my crappy camera....

No comments: