Thursday, February 16, 2006

Went out today with kering and his friends to catch a movie called Jarhead. Received a call from kerling EARLY this morning.... to ask if I want to catch a movie... I asked him wad movie is that and he say some military movie... The impression I got was those war movie about WWII So at first I wasn't very interested cos I dun have an interest in militart stuffs lar... But I still agreed to go watch.... also duno why... haha....

So off I go to catch a movie without a clue of wads the movie is all about.... It seems that I've been watching quite some movie without even knowing what to expect... Haha... last time with andy also.... They like to watch some not so well publicised movie... that means we seldom see its commercial, poster, or hear people talking about it....

The movie started off with a new recruit joining the marine.... so from the settings it looks like modern day lar... not those war movies... So yar... I felt alittle bit more comfortable lar... Cos initially I thought if it was WWII settings... then it might have lots of violence and blood.... afterall the movie is rated M18...

After awhile I finally got the picture of wad the movie is about lar... Its about the recent iraq war... Then it showed the lives of the soldier there.... the emotions they felt.... Its mostly those usual army craps lar... those things that happens when a bunch of man living together and their raging male hormones....

But there are still some serious parts about the war in iraq.... I like especially the part where they are in the oil field.... Those terrorist blew up some oil wells so oil is gushing out and fire is buring.... The sky rain oil from the oil that got spewed out.... The whole scene captures the environment there very well.... The land is dark from the oil... and flames torch the land... It really looks like hell.... Then there is this comment that sum up all these.... The main character said.... "the earth is bleeding" ..... Which I guess is a very well suited phrase to use to describe the scene.

All in all... it was quite a nice movie.... Kerling was saying that the movie was all suspense and no climax... But to me... there is no need for a climax. The movie to me is perhaps more like a docmentary? Its an insight to the lives of the people fighting there. So I still feel that its quite a nice movie. If u all got some spare cash. Do consider catching it. :)

Oh... just to add... the M18 thing? I think its due to the sexual content, not violence :) So not to worry if u are the kind whom dun like violence :)

No comments: