Saturday, September 10, 2005

Its saturday night :) haiz.... but it feels as though its sunday.... have been studying maths the whole day.... actually not the whole day lar... I'm just trying to memorise all the formulas especially all the trigos and do some work to keep the momentum going :) Until this point of time... just 2 days before the exams... I guess there's nothing much to do liao... whatever that I have to know should already be in my mind... there's not much time to learn new things for now... for now... its just to keep working and practicing to keep the momentum going.... cos... have to condition myself to see maths questions.... so that my mind will work the correct way during exams.... I've also abstained from playing games from today till the end of prelims... even though I'll still be surfing online to relax... but there won't be any games... I dun want my thoughts to be distracted :P Haiz... am really putting in a lot of effort for this prelims.... and of cos... the A lvls... there's only one shot at it... cannot afford to miss... its not like the O lvls where if I don't do well can just go poly.... this time round there isn't a second alternative. So yar.... haiz... die die also have to move up....

OKay... show u something... My megamindmap for econs! LOL.... took me 1.25 mahjong paper.... muahaha.... I have to stick the 0.25 in to fit international trade inside... It contains everything for the 2 years... from micro to macro economy.... Muahaha..... its so huge that my 4mega pixel camera also cannot take clearly... the photo below is taken at the maximum resolution.... a 3++MB photo... lol... I guess I need to get a 5mega pixel one :P
Okay... here's it... it'll take quite some time to load due to its large size.
http://tanbk.mobilefly.net/megamindmap.jpg

It took me like 3 days to complete it.... can't do it in a day although the time spend is like only 3 hrs... so total only like 9hrs.... it could be done if I work on it for the whole day.... but its really not easy... imagine you revising 2 whole years of work in a day? Thats too much for your mind to take....

Hmm... so yar... with that my revison for econs is more or less done lar... I've recalled most of the points in my mind liao... so the next step would be to apply them in essays... then for maths... it'll be over soon... haha... so whether I've finished my revision or not... its too late to do anything now.... So the only one left is physics... For physics... cos I've been neglecting it for some time.... ( spent the time on maths ) so the speed I do physics now is slowed greatly... Although I still know how to do it... but it takes a lot of time as my thoughts are all not in the right place. So after maths... I would go practice more of physics to get the momentum.....

hmm... enough about the studying part.... lets move one :P

Friday went for the NIBC award ceremony.... yes... the competition ended liao... have I blogged about it? ANyway... we lost... haiz... but... we still had a great time there.... we were quite okay with the loss lar.... hmm..... okay... lets start the whole thing from the beginning....

I'm going to say names now as... yar the competition has ended and this is my own blog... furthermore what I said has facts to back it us... so no need to scared if found out will affect the comptition or not....

Just after the competition has ended.... the group of us... were discussing whether we will win or not.... and we came to a conclusion... yes... we should... cos... firstly... our blog color scheme is better than theirs... our content more reader friendly.... and our place is more active with comments... so we really thought we have a high chance of winning...

But throughout the one week break before the winners were announced.... we found many hints the shows that we weren't winning....

Firstly was that when the venue was announced for the award ceremony... it was a victoria jc... For ur info... the only competitive competitors left in the finals were VJ ACJC and us... all the rest dead already... probably gone mugging... haha.... anyway... VJ is our greatest competitor and have the higher chance of winning compared with AC... we were worried that VJ would take the prize away from us.... So when the venue was announced... we were like.... WTF... is VJ really winning??? but we still didn't want to admit defeat as that might just be a false alarm... but the second thing happened after a few days....

Secondly.... Jamie yeo... the host... went to Vj blog and congratulated them!!! She posted 2 msg the first one congratulating them... the second one... saying... "she meant see them at the ceremony" Its so obviously that the situation is that she didn't realised she couldn't say out the winners yet... but she did... so when she found out... she wrote the second msg to cover up her mistakes.... and in order to show that she didn't only talk to VJ... she copied the msg and post it in all the other schools blog...

That sort of confirmed that VJ is winning already.... but for me.... I wouldn't want to admit defeat yet as we really put in the effort and there's no way that we can lose. I won't admit defeat till the winner is announced right infront of me....

With that we went to the award ceremony on friday.. I don't see any other JCs around as I guess they probably knew that they lost... But we... don't want to admit defeat!

Although we might think that way... deep down we already know that the probability of winning is very slim... its almost zero.... but I still hope for a miricle to happen.... I believe that you reap what you sow... we put in the effort... and we will sure get our reward....

In the end.... we still lost.... haiz... but.... oh well.... its kind of expected already lar... although it was a bit sad but... we are still okay with it :)

When announcing the winners.... Jamie said... " ITs so obvious" .... I didn't read much into it till SM came to talk to me.... What she meant by so obvious? She mean that the rest of the JCs didn't put in their effort? In what way is it so obvious? Because of the venue chosen? Because she went to their blog to congratulate them?

Yar... its really OBVIOUS.... we were just stupid and thick skinned enough to even turn up for the award ceremony.... its so insulting...

Oh welll... there goes my phone... haha... but well... its still okay lar... used to it already... I've never won anything from competition in my whole life.... so this one is no exception.... Another thing is that yar... although I felt that we put in alot of effort... but when I saw their presentation on what they did... oh well... have to admit that there was more effort involved.... although it didn't show in the blog... but there was quite some behind the scenes work... so I guess... since their effort is more than ours... I shu de xing fu kou fu... haha... gladly admit defeat....

So yar... we weren't really sad after that lar... haha... we still had lots of fun taking photos :P Kevin, me and elgin all brought our cameras with us... so we were like keep taking pictures of everyone :P

Oh... one last thing to end off this entry :P Haha.... guess what place is this... muahahaha..... one hint.... its related to this entry :P

http://tanbk.mobilefly.net/shelljpeg.jpg

Okay... see ya :) Wish me luck for the comign prelims :D

No comments: