Sunday, November 06, 2005

haiz.... weekends wasted away... didn't study much....

When I close my eyes tonight... the next moment when I open it... it would be the eve of the maths paper1... the first paper ( excluding practical and chinese) of the A lvls.... Its really so fast.... the paper that I've been preparing for months is finally here... Its hard to accept that you spent 2 years of your time for it... and everything just ends like that.... We've endured through the hardest part of it... and finally... we see the light at the end of the tunnel....

anyway.... yar... lets not get too sentimental... haha... dun affect the mood for exams :)

As planned... I reviewed my study plan today... and it seems that there's nothing much for me to plan... Most of my papers are pretty well spaced out so I get some days in between to study and focus o n the subject.... so there isn't really a clash of things to be studied... its only the last few days that I have physics and econs together... but econs... there'snothing that you can study in the last minute... its only basically recalling all the theories and factors... so the main focus during that few days would be on physics... and I have a whole weekend to prepare for it... so... everything is more or less alright.... furthermore.... most of my papers are in the afternoon... so its convienient for me as I can take the time in the morning to slowing recall my formulas.... and not cramp everything in the night before and hope that I won't forget everything in my sleep.... or worst... make me think of all the formulas and can't get to sleep and affect my alertness the next day....

So yar... thats about all... frankly... I think I've never been so prepared for an exam before... Although I can't guarentee that I can get good results.... but somehow I feel that thats about all that I can do.... There's this voice in my head that tells me... you've done enough... there's nothing more to prepare... just go there and do your best..... I don't know if I am really well prepared.... or is it just that I've been desensitised after having gone through so many test and exams in my life... and also failing so many of them until the point that failing another one makes no difference to me....

I would hope that the first one is true... and not the second one.... Because of it.... I've been focusing more on exams techniques rather than the contents nowadays..... I've been training myself to sleep early... wake up early... and think clearly in the morning for the past week.... and guess its pretty much a success..... I'm now able to fall asleep at 10 every night and wake up automatically in the morning before my alarm goes off... which is 6 in the morning.... Then after that I'll start to use my brain from 8... which is the starting time of the morning paper.... I've also been training on time management.... especially on econs essays.... Perhaps I'll write it up here to share with you all :) If you all think that I can work... then feel free to adopt it....

For econs essays.... I've allocated 3 mins for selecting questions then 8 mins to write detailed outline for each question.... even if you finish the outline before the time is up... don't move on to write the full essays yet.... Use the remaining time to review the outline... make sure that you don't miss out anything.... cos sometimes we tend to miss out some important points when we think too fast... so witht he spare time... we can calm ourselves down and make sure that everything is written. Also... do all the 3 essays outline together first... taking a total of 24 mins.... cos it you do it outline, essay, outline, essay.... until the 3rd outline... you are not in the state of mind to think clearly already... and it would jeopardize your 3rd essay.... so yar... make full use of the 24mins... its a long time... but make full use of it... and write as detailed as possible... cos the remaining time won't be enough for you to think... if just continuous writing by following the outline you have written... you don't have time to pause and think of new points... You are just practically transferring whatever points you have in the outline into an essay... there is no time to add additional points... and you shouldn't be thinkning about additional points as well as it will affect your writing speed and you may not finish the essay in time.... the time allocated for essays is 35 mins each... so its pretty much enough to write with nice handwriting, provided that you did your outline well.... Finally, if you have calculated.... you have 3 mins left.... this 3 mins is not for you to slack.... its the uncertainty.... Time will be taken for you to flip pages.... arrange your papers... and also maybe the time may not be accurate... they dun use a timer to time you... so the clock got parallex error and time is needed for the speaker to announce the start and end of the paper....

Thats about all for that lar.... a tip for those who wants to follow the method... you might feel that 8 mins and 3 mins very difficult to keep track.... well just calculate the actual timing first... u know that the paper starts at 8... so you just calculate at what time you need to start writing the essays... So you dun have to waste time calculating the time when the exams starts.... And the test confirm start a 8 one... cos A lvls... we sure go into the hall early and wait for the start of the paper... so there won't be much disparity between the time you calculated and the actual time on the day itself. Then you can save that few minutes :)

K lar... talk so much duno if I can get the expected results or not... but well.. I just find that its a nice method and just wanna share it... so those whom didn't plan at all can consider it :)

Okay... that about all liao... its time to sleep :) bye~ See ya tmr night on the eve of the maths paper... bye.

No comments: