Thursday, December 23, 2004

Hello :D .... Well... today.... nothing much happen again.... kind of slacked another day.... Wanted to do some homework but :P no motivation to do..... So yar.... actually nothing much to blog about today.....
So decided to share something I read on the news paper a few days ago.... Its on Digital Life published on tuesday.... there is this article about a blog of a cancer patient... And she has written something I thought quite meaningful in it....

" What do you say to friends who say " I'm sure you will get well soon"? Whats the basis of their faith that I'm actually not dying, but merely undergoing a phase that will be temporary before life starts kicking in again? Do they know someting I don't?

The enthusiasm to believe that I will get better is based on the reluctance to think about the concept of death.

You don't comfort me with your assurance that I won't die, because escaping death is not what I'm longing for. What I'm longing for is for you to understand what death is. Look it in the eye and see it for what it is. And then you'll see that understanding death is the only one and true liberation... "

Hmm.... so do you all feel abit 'enlightened' ? Haha... well... for me.... quite lar.... cos.... I kind of experience quite a similar situation before.....
You know before the promos result are out.... Some people are worrying that they will get retained.... and deep down... you know that they will cos they haven't been working hard enough.... But somehow.... when you are talking to them and touch on this topic or when they complain to you saying... " think I sure retain... " What do you say to them? Can you like just say... " Of cos you will get retained lar.... " Sound rather weird right? For me... i've been saying things like... " Aiya won't lar.... " But.... deep down.... I already know they will....
So hmm.... after reading this article.... I've been thinking to myself... by denying the truth and give them empty assurance.... will I make them happier? Well... guess I won't.... So yar.... maybe next time I'm met with a similar situation again.... I will deal with it another way....

:D I think this is very nicely written by the blogger... and kind of gives us a new perspective of view life and death.... :)

Okay... think thats about all for today :) BYE~

No comments: